All of our testimonials are from actual clients and are kept on file in our office.
My husband and I purchased our home in August 2010. We first started looking at houses in the late spring. Several months doesn't seem like a long time to find the perfect home, however, we were eager buyers and looked at a lot of homes. Mike Ballow was our agent and made our experience fun, exciting, and extremely informative. We looked at several homes with Mike, some more than once. For all our requests for showings Mike reacted quickly, getting us into the homes fast. He was very knowledgeable, pointing out the positives and 'red flags' of each home. Our experience with Ballow and Hutchinson Realty Group was truly enjoyable. We highly recommend Mike Ballow for anyone looking to buy or sell a home.
Karen & Dan, Berkley, MA
After 3 years and 4 other agents, we found success with Mike Ballow! Unlike the other agents, Mike was in the business of making our dreams come true. His professionalism and knowledge made the process as seamless as possible. Mike was accommodating and understanding to our wants and needs and never made it seem like we were unrealistic. It only took 5 months from our first meeting to a closing on our dream house. Mike was a pleasure to work with and we highly recommend him to anyone!
Christine & Joe, E. Taunton, MA
We were first time buyers with hopes of finding our dream home. Mike Ballow walked us through the process, was extremely patient with us, and was able to answer all the questions we had. Mike is exceptionally knowledgeable of the real estate industry and, since he is from here, seemed to know everything about the area. In the end, after months of searching and negotiations, we closed on our dream home. This simply would not have been possible without the help of Mike Ballow. We would highly recommend Ballow and Hutchinson Realty Group to anyone looking to buy or sell their home.
Brian & Amanda, Dighton, MA
If you are looking for a realtor who goes above and beyond, look no further! During the process of the purchase of my new townhouse, I faced many hurdles as it was a bank-owned property. Throughout the months, I always knew that I could trust Mike Ballow to take the initiative to move the process along. He was more than willing to assume responsibilities that were not his to make everything easier. He was patient with me and answered all of my questions. He was also available to show me the house on many occasions! Mike is quite knowledgeable and certainly dependable. If I had to go through the home-buying process again, I wouldn’t do it without Mike Ballow there every step of the way!
Suzanne, Taunton, MA
I recently purchased a condo in the fall of 2011. I'd looked at multiple condo's with Mike Ballow - sometimes going a few months between showings but he was always very patient. He seemed to be more concerned that I found the one that was right for me as opposed to just making a commission. When I finally found the right property he really showed his true professionalism and dedication to his client. He explained every part of the process along the way and regardless of how miniscule the detail or task he always gave it 110% of his attention. He made the process of purchasing (which can often be quite stressful) my new home enjoyable. I wouldn't buy or sell another home without Mike Ballow on my team.
Mike, Taunton, MA
Mike Ballow is a dedicated, professional, and respected agent in his field. He stops at nothing and always has his clients best interests in mind. He knows what I would be interested in purchasing before I do and lets me know right away!! I've dealt with other agents through the years and as an investor would recommend Mike without hesitation. If your looking to buy or sell, call Mike!
Loretta, Easton, MA
I have a Chiropractic and physical therapy business in Taunton, MA. Our current space was too small and I needed to relocate. I was definitely interested in purchasing versus renting again. I had the opportunity to work with Mike Ballow as he showed me several properties over the summer. None of them quite fit my needs. Much to my surprise, I received a call from Mr. Ballow months after I had initially worked with him. I had entered into an agreement to purchase the existing space I was in. He called to let me know that an office condo came on the market that fit my needs. I told him he was too late but decided to take a look the next day anyway. As it turned out, the space was perfect. Luckily for me, nothing was signed yet and I was able to quickly purchase this new space. Mike, Thanks for your persistence and professionalism.
Steve, President - Bay State Physical, Therapy Taunton, MA
After several years of living in our first home, my wife and I decided it was time to purchase our second home to accommodate the growing needs of our family. We selected Mike Ballow of Ballow and Hutchinson Realty Group, Inc. to help facilitate that process. Mike visited our home several times, pointed out areas that we should address before putting our house on the market, and discussed market value and pricing with us. He also arranged for us to view other properties in the area to get a sense of what we were competing against. Once an offer was submitted, Mike help broker the deal with the buyers agent. Mike kept in constant contact with us via phone, email, and text messaging. This was key, and proved to be extremely beneficial given the timeframes given during the selling process. Mike was organized and kept us on target throughout.
Once our house was sold, Mike started the process of helping us find a new home. He provided access to his web-site which allowed us to receive daily updates on available properties. He arranged for us to see multiple properties when it was convenient for us. Once we identified a home that we were interested in, Mike facilitated the process with the sellers agent (who clearly could learn a thing or two from Mike) until we had an agreement on the property. Even at the closing, Mike worked to make sure we were getting the fairest deal, helping to resolve issues that had been promised by the seller but not yet resolved.
We were very pleased with Mike's performance, and would strongly recommend him to anybody looking to sell or purchase a home.
Michael and Jennifer, Weymouth MA
Mr. Ballow, I am writing to express my and my wife’s appreciation and gratitude for all your help and assistance in facilitating our purchase of your client’s property in The Farms at Indian Pond. You performed services that our agent was too busy to perform for us, even though you were not our realtor, including sending us some keys to the property which were not delivered to us at the closing.
Rest assured that if we find ourselves in need of a realtor in the future, you will be our first choice to represent us. Thanks again for all your help!
Bob and Barbara, Taunton, MA
Mike Ballow helped us sell our house in Taunton in 2006 when we moved to the Cape. After five years, we moved back into the area and started looking for a house in Bridgewater with Mike’s help. It took two years of looking and a couple of failed attempts of buying, but we finally found the house of our dreams. Mike helped us through the ups and downs and was always patient and calm, even when we were getting upset and discouraged. We looked at many homes over the two years and Mike never made us feel like we were asking too much of him. He is very knowledgeable and pointed out the positives and negatives of each home; things we might not have noticed ourselves, and explained every part of the process along the way. Our experience with Mike Ballow was truly enjoyable. We highly recommend Mike for anyone looking to buy or sell a home.
Diane and Paul, Bridgewater, MA
We recently completed the process of selling and purchasing a home. It took us seven months and we looked in three different areas before settling on the upper Cape. We had a new realtor in each area and looked at over thirty five homes. As you can imagine we met many realtors along the way in both selling and purchasing of a home. Once we decided on an area we realized how fortunate we were to have Mike Ballow as our realtor. We could tell from the beginning Mike knew his business well and would work hard for us. He researched properties, checked permits and title V reports continuously keeping us abreast of all the information regarding our possible purchase. Finally Mike's real expertise was knowing a homes value and advising us on a market price.
It was a pleasure working with Mike and we would highly recommend him for all your real estate needs.
Denny & Joan, Centerville, MA
To Mike Ballow: Just a quick thank you again for everything you've done for us over the years. You were always ready with the answers to all of our questions. Maybe we'll see you on the Canal road sometime!
Doug & Julie, Bourne, MA
It is a pleasure to recommend Mike Ballow as a real estate agent for anyone searching for a new residence. Mike took diligent notes regarding our specific needs in a home with everything on 1 level.
Mike came up with a deal that was good for us and for the sellers. He knows the city of Taunton well. We found Mike to be a very attentive agent. It seemed to us that we were Mike’s only customers. He is highly personable with an engaging personality.
Mike is the best in the business. If we were to move again, he would be our first choice as a real estate agent.
Robert & Linda, Taunton, MA
As a first time home buyer, I really needed someone to go above and beyond throughout the entire process. Mike Ballow was quick to respond to questions, immediately available to meet me at many properties, honest and thorough in his evaluations of the homes we saw together, and very protective of me! He did not pressure or rush me like other agents do. He had my back with every person we dealt with in the process, and I really felt safe and secure. I would highly recommend Mike-- and HAVE to anyone who wants to work with the best. Even now I have the home of my dreams, he still reaches out to make sure things are okay-- and he still answers my questions!! The day of my closing, Mike gave me a snow shovel, barrel of salt, how-to-fix-anything book, and a home depot gift card... and he was shoveling snow when I arrived for the walk-through prior to closing! He is extremely thoughtful, a great person, and superb at his job! Thanks Mike!! We did it!!
Katie, Randolph, MA
To Mike Ballow: We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your outstanding efforts regarding the recent sale of our previous home in Taunton and the purchase of a new one in Berkley. Your expertise, professionalism and attention to every detail greatly facilitated the resolution of all issues related to the transactions. Thanks again for your kindness and friendship.
Bob and Barbara, Berkley, MA
All of our testimonials are from actual clients and are kept on file in our office.
Common Home Buyer Mistakes
- Not getting pre-approved. Establishing purchasing power is an extremely important first step in the home buying process.
- Not meeting with a REALTOR® for a Buyer counseling session. During this session the Buyer has the opportunity to screen, interview, and “hire” an agent. Don’t take making this selection lightly.
- Buying a home is the biggest purchase a person will make in their lifetime. There is a difference in the experience levels of all REALTORS®. Buyers need to find out what the agent can and can’t do for them. “Hiring” an agent does not mean that you have to pay them! Ask your agent for an explanation.
- Trying to work with multiple REALTORS®. It’s always in the best interest of a buyer to work with only one agent. Working with one agent will eliminate a lot of confusion and keep the focus on the goal of finding the right home.
- Not acting quickly enough. When a new property comes onto the market don’t hesitate to go out to look at it or make an offer. For every home for sale there can only be one buyer. Time is of the essence!
Tips to help you in your home search
- Get preapproved for a mortgage. This will help you to understand how much you can spend and how much you can afford on a monthly basis on your home purchase.
- “Hire” a REALTOR® who specializes in Buyer representation. Having buyer representation from a REALTOR® assures that your best interests are being looked out for. “Hiring” an agent does not mean that you have to pay them! Ask your agent for an explanation.
- Do your research. What criteria of a home are most important for you? What cities or towns are you interested in searching? How many bedrooms? Baths? Etc. Once you’ve made some of these decisions your REALTOR® agent can help you to find the properties that you are most interested in.
- Think about the future. What type of property are you buying? Are you looking for a starter home? Could you need a larger home within a few years? Thinking about the potential for changes in the future can dictate what type of home you’ll buy today.
- Don’t have unrealistic expectations. It’s ok to be picky but there is no such thing as a perfect house.
Why work with a REALTOR® when buying a home?
It’s important for a Buyer to know that not all Real Estate practitioners are REALTORS®. The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. The following are some reasons why is to your advantage to work with a REALTOR®.
- Guidance – Real Estate transaction are intricate. The assistance of a Real Estate professional who will make the process easier can be invaluable. From negotiating offers and home inspections to executing purchase and sale agreements, there are steps along the way where an experienced REALTOR® can provide important guidance.
- Information – Your REALTOR® can provide you with access to the information you’ll need on the communities, properties, schools and more. They know where to find the answers to all of your questions.
- Expertise and Experience – In some cases, your REALTOR® has been involved in literally hundreds of successful transactions for their buyer clients. They know what pitfalls to look out for and when to recommend the consultation of other professionals. They are also well versed in the terms that make up the language of Real Estate.
- Objectivity – Considering that a home often symbolizes the center of our lives, buying a home is a meaningful and emotional experience. Having an objective and knowledgeable party who is on your side is vital.
- Code of Ethics – Members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® make a commitment to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. You can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction related matters. REALTORS® are required to complete a refresher course on the REALTOR® Code of Ethics every four years.