All of our testimonials are from actual clients and are kept on file in our office.
Selling a home is not easy. The real estate agent you pick will go a long way toward making it a positive experience. We were looking for an agent who would be honest with us and represent our wishes. Michael Ballow is such an agent. Mike talked with us about our home, its selling points, and our asking price. He then did the market research and proposed an asking price range and a plan for getting the house on the market and completing the sale. Mike never gave us any pressure to sign on with him. He was honest with his opinions and open to ours. Once we agreed on the contract, Mike got the house onto the market quickly. He arranged the MLS listing, posted the for sale sign and flyers, and had open houses. Mike called each time there was any activity on the house to give us an update and any encouraging news. He checked on the house often, and was sure to keep flyers available. Once we had a buyer, Mike provided advice from everything from counteroffers to the purchase and sales agreement. He was particularly helpful during the Fire Department smoke/CO2 inspection. I had put in the wrong smoke detectors which were not approved. Mike rescheduled the inspection, bought and installed the correct detectors and got fire department approval later that day! We were very happy for our choice of Mike Ballow as our sellers’ agent. The intangibles matter to us the most. Mike communicated with us often and very effectively. We felt selling our home was his top priority. Mike is a good listener and we felt he understood our goals and made them his goals. We recommend Michael Ballow!
John & Kathy, Raynham, MA
Both Lori and I are very pleased with the professional manner in which Mike Tabak went about selling our house. He certainly put a lot of effort into the presentation and marketing of our house. Having tried 2 brokers before him, it is clear that he is the best around.
Ron & Lori, Taunton, MA
My wife and I were in a very unique situation and Mike Ballow was a tremendous help. We needed to do a short sale on a condo that was in our name that we were currently not living in. With the market being the way it was in 2011, we knew it was going to be a tough sell. Therefore, we knew we needed to find a diligent agent who could get the job done. We were fortunate enough to be recommended to use Mike Ballow through a friend who had success with him in the past. Mike went to work immediately on listing and advertising our condo. He was extremely informative and most importantly honest throughout the entire process. Mike was outstanding in dealing with potential buyers, the bank and especially us. His communication throughout the entire process was phenomenal. We always knew exactly where we stood. When a buyer was found and the short sale paperwork began, Mike handled everything. He took care of dealing with the bank, meeting with appraisers, meeting with the fire inspector, and so on. He literally couldn’t have done any more than he did to make sure the entire process went as smoothly as possible. Mike took what was a tough situation for us and made it very manageable. We would highly recommend Mike as an agent for any type of real estate transaction you may have. We know who we will be calling again in the future!!
Steve & Katie, Taunton, MA
After several years of living in our first home, my wife and I decided it was time to purchase our second home to accommodate the growing needs of our family. We selected Mike Ballow of Ballow and Hutchinson Realty Group, Inc. to help facilitate that process. Mike visited our home several times, pointed out areas that we should address before putting our house on the market, and discussed market value and pricing with us. He also arranged for us to view other properties in the area to get a sense of what we were competing against. Once an offer was submitted, Mike help broker the deal with the buyers agent. Mike kept in constant contact with us via phone, email, and text messaging. This was key, and proved to be extremely beneficial given the timeframes given during the selling process. Mike was organized and kept us on target throughout.
Once our house was sold, Mike started the process of helping us find a new home. He provided access to his web-site which allowed us to receive daily updates on available properties. He arranged for us to see multiple properties when it was convenient for us. Once we identified a home that we were interested in, Mike facilitated the process with the sellers agent (who clearly could learn a thing or two from Mike) until we had an agreement on the property. Even at the closing, Mike worked to make sure we were getting the fairest deal, helping to resolve issues that had been promised by the seller but not yet resolved.
We were very pleased with Mike's performance, and would strongly recommend him to anybody looking to sell or purchase a home.
Michael & Jennifer, Weymouth MA
Mike Ballow came highly recommended. He didn't disappoint! Our house sold in 2 weeks. It was a great experience for such a stressful time...
Ted & Barbara, Taunton, MA
When my husband and I made the difficult decision to sell the family home, we were exceptionally lucky to come into contact with Ballow and Hutchinson Realty Group, Inc. We both agreed they were the best people to handle our sale and make the emotional detachment from the home less painful for us. They dealt with our sale and became someone we knew we could trust and be totally honest with throughout the process. We want to thank you for your time and patience and for making us a part of your Realty family. We highly recommend these people to help and support you through the buying or selling of your home.
A special thank you to Mike Ballow for your support and for truly helping us through a difficult decision.
Jody and Marie, Taunton, MA
Selling the family home is never easy. Selling the family home from a distance can be downright challenging.
Mike Ballow met that challenge with enthusiasm, intelligence, experience and hard work. Mike spent significant time performing due diligence in reviewing recent neighborhood sales, analyzing the current market conditions and evaluating the family home in order to strategize on determining the best approach in selling the home. Mike’s attention to detail and knowledge base proved indispensable in setting the best and correct asking price.
The results? Within several days we had multiple offers and were placed in the enviable position of informing all prospective buyers that we needed their “best and final offer”.
Once the final offer was agreed upon Mike took the lead to schedule and attend all of the necessary appointments required to complete the sale smoothly. This eliminated me from having to drive 100 miles each time one of those appointments was scheduled at the house.
Mike was in constant contact with me throughout the entire process and kept me up to date throughout the entire selling process.
I highly recommend working with Mike Ballow for all of your home selling and purchasing needs.
Bob, Bourne, MA
Dear Mike Ballow:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your assistance in selling my parent's home in Taunton. From day one you were there representing the Murray Family with sound, expert advice. If one were to look at my knowledge of real estate they would realize that I was as green as green could be. Yet, with you representing the family's best interests, we were able to move through the process like pros. At every juncture you were there with the right advice and answers. Your time seems to have been unlimited. Your dedication and follow through to closure was highly professional. I thank you for your professionalism and as someone I now consider a friend. You are certainly a credit to Ballow and Hutchinson Realty Group.. If asked, I would be very comfortable recommending you to anyone in need of real estate services. For I know they will be treated with the same dignity, respect and professionalism as I was. Keep up the good work! It was a pleasure working with you. In closing, I would like to suggest that my Family's success was a direct result of your success and for that I will always be appreciative.
Robert, Dighton, MA
It is not easy to sell or buy a home. However, with the right Realtor the process can be much less stressful. Mike Ballow is a person I found to be professional, knowledgeable and more importantly compassionate. Mike will go above and beyond to make you feel at ease knowing he is doing the best for you and your needs. He works tirelessly to make sure you are completely happy with the process.
I would highly recommend this agency with no reservations at all!
Joanne, Taunton, MA
Our experience with Michael Ballow of Ballow and Hutchinson Realty Group, Inc. was really great! He helped us buy our house in 2007. Then when we had job related need to relocate he rented the house out for us in early 2014 and then ultimately sold it for us at the end of 2014.
Mike was patient and informative and extremely helpful to us when we needed help getting out of a very difficult rental situation. He really went out of his way to help during this time. After we were able to get the property back from the rental tenant, Mike put the house on the market and managed to sell the property after just one open house in mid - November - in New England!!!!
We were in Florida the whole time but he made the whole process seem quite easy. He was a true professional throughout and gave honest and helpful advice. His knowledge and expertise in real estate including current market conditions, along with his superb negotiation skills left a very positive impression of him with us. We would definitely recommend Michael Ballow to any prospective homebuyer or seller. .
Alex and Eniko, Formerly of Attleboro, MA
My wife and I had a tight timeline to sell our house as we needed to be out by late June. We had interviewed numerous realtors and decided on Mike Ballow to list our house because of his knowledge and expertise in the Taunton real-estate market. We also liked that he committed to being our sole agent and that he would be present for all open houses and showings. It gave us a piece of mind that Mike was always there to make sure our needs were being met.
We called Mike in the first week of April and by the following week the house was on the market. Within one month we accepted an offer and were able to move out by our deadline without having to reduce our selling price outside of our target range. I would recommend Mike Ballow to all my friends and family.
Ryan and Lauren, Taunton, MA
My husband and I had such a pleasant experience selling our house with Mike Ballow! Our house was listed, an offer in and accepted all in 4 days. We received full asking price!! It really was unbelievable! We previously had our house on the market with another Realtor with zero success. It was on the market a total of 7 long months w/ little activity and NO offers. Mike was very professional, understanding and a great guy. I highly recommend him to get the job done. Also, we look forward to working with him in looking for our next home.
Kellie and John, Brockton, MA
All of our testimonials are from actual clients and are kept on file in our office.
How to Best Market and Sell Your Home
- Put the right price on it. Set a price that’s based on current market data. Your REALTOR® agent has access to the necessary information to provide you with a Comparative Market Analysis. This tool will assist in determining the right pricing strategy.
- Don’t go on the market until your ready for showings. Everything needs to be just right especially in the cleanliness department. You should also de-clutter and thin out wherever possible. There is an old expression in Real Estate that says, “Live one way and sell another”. Your REALTOR® agent can provide you with all the guidance you’ll need when getting ready to sell.
- Always be prepared for showing requests. Buyers may want to look at your home at different hours and times. The more prepared and flexible you are about times when the property can be shown will help you find a buyer much sooner.
- Be aware of market conditions in your price point while on the market. If your days on market begin to add up and you haven’t had any offers, you should be prepared to lower the asking price. This is especially true if you aren’t getting any showings. Everyone has pride in their home and sometimes can aim a little too high when setting the initial asking price. A pro-active approach to pricing and market positioning will assure you that your ultimate goal is reached.
Before Putting Your Home on the Market - A to Do List
- De-clutter and CLEAN everywhere, inside and out. When your home is for sale you’re going to be moving so, why not get a jump on your packing and store away all the unnecessary belongings?
- Add some curb appeal. The best things to do include washing the exterior - including the windows, freshening up the exterior paint, scraping and repainting loose or chipping paint, trimming overgrown trees or bushes, and fixing any bare spots on the lawn. Homes with great curb appeal sell faster and for higher prices.
- Consider a pre-sale home inspection. This will help you to identify areas of concern that will stand out to potential buyers. Also, some of the smaller issues that all combined sound like a lot of issues to a buyer may be easily fixed prior to going on the market.
- Get estimates for any big ticket items that you think may need replacing soon. This information will be helpful when negotiations with the buyer begin. .
Why work with a REALTOR® when selling a home?
It’s important for a Seller to know that not all Real Estate practitioners are REALTORS®. The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. The following are some reasons why it is to your advantage to work with a REALTOR®.
- Guidance – Real Estate transaction are intricate. The assistance of a Real Estate professional who will make the process easier can be invaluable. From negotiating offers and home inspections to executing purchase and sale agreements, there are steps along the way where an experienced
- REALTOR® can provide important guidance. Expertise and Experience – In many cases, your REALTOR® has been involved in literally hundreds of successful transactions for their seller clients. They know what pitfalls to look out for and when to recommend the consultation of other professionals. They are also well versed in the terms that make up the language of Real Estate.
- Objectivity – Considering that a home often symbolizes the center of our lives, selling a home is a meaningful and emotional experience. Having an objective and knowledgeable party who is on your side is vital to reaching your goal of selling.
- Code of Ethics – Members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® make a commitment to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. You can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction related matters. REALTORS® are required to complete a refresher course on the REALTOR® Code of Ethics every four years.